Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Garlic Galore

As you know, I don't have a lot of space in my garden. Consequently, I grow things in pots on the deck whenever possible. For the last three years I've grown garlic in three small pots. But this year is the first that I've harvested a big crop for my efforts.

In fact, I have more garlic than I will ever be able to use.

Like onions, you wait for the tops to start to fall over. Then I carefully pulled the bulbs and let them dry in the sun before tying them in bundles to hang.

First, I left them outdoors in the shade to dry.  Once that was done, the odour dimished and they were ready to take indoors for storage. Both my garlic and onions hang on a clothes line in our storage room. It's a dry environment that encourages them to last well into the winter month.

Now that I have this great crop of garlic, I need to find more ways to use it. Do you have any suggestions or recipes? -- Margy

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous1:19 PM

    Another great harvest for you this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news for the bigger crop.

    ReplyDelete

We welcome your comments and questions. - Wayne and Margy